Who's Putting Down A Deposit On The New 2022 Tundra?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
NM
Now that you've seen the official release who is putting down a deposit and what trim are you going to get? Right now, the TRD Pro trim is in the lead for me.

Dlav8r

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Huntsville AL
Current Vehicles
GX460
Military
USAF
I plan to..local dealer wants a 1,000 deposit for a TRD Pro. Hard for me to justify when we don't even know the final pricing of the truck. They are also claiming to add a 2,000 market adjustment to all trucks/suv's sold currently. I'm starting to see this come up a lot around southeastern Toyota dealers.

Okita415

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
San Francisco
Current Vehicles
Tundra 07
I live in Northern California and called 7 dealerships within 50 miles and nobody is taking a deposit or have a waitlist.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
NM
I live in Northern California and called 7 dealerships within 50 miles and nobody is taking a deposit or have a waitlist.
So they wouldn't even let you join a waiting list?!

xpablo

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2021
Vancouver
Current Vehicles
2014 tundra
I plan to..local dealer wants a 1,000 deposit for a TRD Pro. Hard for me to justify when we don't even know the final pricing of the truck. They are also claiming to add a 2,000 market adjustment to all trucks/suv's sold currently. I'm starting to see this come up a lot around southeastern Toyota dealers.
Yeah no way I would put a $1k deposit down, at least not without some interest on top of it or some perks as a free accessory (ies) and guaranteed price of MSRP or Less.

kennyarsen

Founding Member
Sep 28, 2021
Huntington Beach
I am on lists at two different dealerships who are claiming to not mark up or adjust MSRP pricing, although one is being honest about a $1,300 mandatory package that include the BS things like PPF and nitrogen filled tires. They are not currently taking deposits but I am in the #4 spot to be contacted once they receive allocation information, at which point I should be able to secure my position with a refundable deposit.

KameronA

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Texas
Mine said they have no idea what allocations they will get. All dealers will apparently get at least 1 truck in December. No list and no deposits

TODDK

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Adah, PA
I will not pay over invoice on any car. The car market is a mess and i am able to hold out until it gets back to normal!

NWTundra86

Founding Member
Oct 25, 2021
Washington
Current Vehicles
2007 tundra
Dealer I’m working with doesn’t require a deposit, I’m just on a list for them to call me when they officially get a price, so for now no orders can be put in until official pricing. Hoping for a TRD PRO, if not than I’ll shoot for a limited off road package. Dealer also won’t charge over MSRP, we’ll see though…..

kennyarsen

Founding Member
Sep 28, 2021
Huntington Beach
The first two dealer’s lists I got on didn’t require a deposit either, but they never asked what I was wanting. I told them but who knows if that does anything. I got on another dealer’s list but with a refundable $500 deposit and he sent me paperwork showing that he has me down for a ‘22 TRD Pro in Lunar Rock. Not that it’s a guarantee or anything, but seeing that on Toyota paperwork has me feeling more hopeful. I’m still looking for other lists to get on. He said it could be as far out as 2023, until they see Pros…
Dealer I’m working with doesn’t require a deposit, I’m just on a list for them to call me when they officially get a price, so for now no orders can be put in until official pricing. Hoping for a TRD PRO, if not than I’ll shoot for a limited off road package. Dealer also won’t charge over MSRP, we’ll see though….

Okita415

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
San Francisco
Current Vehicles
Tundra 07
Make sure you get the dealership to write that there’s no msrp markup. I was in constant communication with a dealership and was assured no markup until today they call me and said sorry it’s going to be 7k above msrp. Pretty shady practice and now I’m back on the hunt for another dealership

TRDnoob

Founding Member
Nov 1, 2021
Waco, Texas
I'm on two lists and only had to pay $1000 refundable deposit at one and both have in emails said no mark ups over msrp and no market adjustments.

Okita415

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
San Francisco
Current Vehicles
Tundra 07
I put a 500.00 deposit down to be on an allocation list . I have in writing no mark up. I originally just wanted a SR5 but might wait for the hybrid at this point

J Kolt

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2021
Cleveland, OH
Current Vehicles
08 Tundra, 22 Tundra, 13 Highlander, 59 Chevy, 99 Custom motorcycle, 15 HD UC.....etc....
Just bought the Limited with I-Force. It is the first Limited in the area so I grabbed it!

Red13

Founding Member
Dec 7, 2021
Mass
Current Vehicles
2016 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
i got a deposit on a Subsonic Red SR5. Due to be birthed on 12/9

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Texas
Current Vehicles
4Runner, Raptor
Bad news- my born on date got bumped to 12/17

Good news- Army Green TRD off road is in transit so I scooped that up, $200 delta.
That's awesome! What's the ETA for the Army Green Tundra?