Who's Putting Down A Deposit On The New 2022 Tundra?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
NM
Now that you've seen the official release who is putting down a deposit and what trim are you going to get? Right now, the TRD Pro trim is in the lead for me.

Dlav8r

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Huntsville AL
Current Vehicles
GX460
Military
USAF
I plan to..local dealer wants a 1,000 deposit for a TRD Pro. Hard for me to justify when we don't even know the final pricing of the truck. They are also claiming to add a 2,000 market adjustment to all trucks/suv's sold currently. I'm starting to see this come up a lot around southeastern Toyota dealers.

Okita415

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
San Francisco
Current Vehicles
Tundra 07
I live in Northern California and called 7 dealerships within 50 miles and nobody is taking a deposit or have a waitlist.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
NM
I live in Northern California and called 7 dealerships within 50 miles and nobody is taking a deposit or have a waitlist.
So they wouldn't even let you join a waiting list?!

xpablo

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2021
Vancouver
Current Vehicles
2014 tundra
I plan to..local dealer wants a 1,000 deposit for a TRD Pro. Hard for me to justify when we don't even know the final pricing of the truck. They are also claiming to add a 2,000 market adjustment to all trucks/suv's sold currently. I'm starting to see this come up a lot around southeastern Toyota dealers.
Yeah no way I would put a $1k deposit down, at least not without some interest on top of it or some perks as a free accessory (ies) and guaranteed price of MSRP or Less.

kennyarsen

Founding Member
Sep 28, 2021
Huntington Beach
I am on lists at two different dealerships who are claiming to not mark up or adjust MSRP pricing, although one is being honest about a $1,300 mandatory package that include the BS things like PPF and nitrogen filled tires. They are not currently taking deposits but I am in the #4 spot to be contacted once they receive allocation information, at which point I should be able to secure my position with a refundable deposit.

KameronA

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Texas
Mine said they have no idea what allocations they will get. All dealers will apparently get at least 1 truck in December. No list and no deposits

TODDK

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Adah, PA
I will not pay over invoice on any car. The car market is a mess and i am able to hold out until it gets back to normal!