Going to drive the new Tundra

Bman505

Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
New Mexico
Hey everyone, new to the Forum. I am heading to Vegas this week to drive the all new Tundra. Other than price and MPG, if you all have any questions or things you want me to check out for you, let me know and I will do my best to get them for you! I don't have a ton of details yet, but I will keep y'all posted!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
NM
The main thing I want to know is TRD Pro payload! I want to have a super capable off-road truck that can also haul my toys. My current V8 supercharged F150 has a payload of 1,500 lbs. Hopefully, the new Tundra TRD Pro can best that.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Texas
Current Vehicles
4Runner, Raptor
I'd like to know if 35x12.50" tires will fit without any type of aftermarket lift.

I'd also be interested in the 0-60 times with the twin turbo hybrid powerplant.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
NM
We need to know what the width of the TRD Pro BBS wheels are and also the width of the other TRD wheels that are offered. This will let us know if we can upgrade to a 35-inch tire without having to change wheels.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Texas
Current Vehicles
4Runner, Raptor
photos of the 8” screen? Only see the 14” online
2022-tundra-8-inch.jpg

2022-tundra-8screen-2.jpg

A look at a lower trim interior with the standard 8" multimedia screen

Last edited:

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Texas
Current Vehicles
4Runner, Raptor
I didn't think the battery pack was that big? This was posted from greencarreports.com:

Tundra’s maximum towing capacity has been boosted to 12,000 pounds, with maximum payload up to 1,940 pounds—all numbers likely to be hit by the hybrid.

KameronA

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Texas
Is it possible to get leather on the sr5? I assume the only way will be with a premium trd off road package...

Sandeman

Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
New York
Is it possible to get leather on the sr5? I assume the only way will be with a premium trd off road package...
I always used an aftermarket option like Clazzio, cheaper than paying for the option at factory/dealer- so in the event they don’t offer for the SR5, atleast there’s an aftermarket option other than Katskinz

Benca1

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2021
Alabama
Current Vehicles
21 Tacoma
Military
No
Down here in the south we have had the sr5 leather upgrade pkg which was roughly $1,100 option which is port Installed oem leather.

Benca1

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2021
Alabama
Current Vehicles
21 Tacoma
Military
No
Right now it’s around MSRP of $1,700

Attachments

• F6E8F1B5-2283-4582-BD49-8E4874F4760C.png
    F6E8F1B5-2283-4582-BD49-8E4874F4760C.png
    394.3 KB · Views: 58

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 20, 2021
Texas
Current Vehicles
4Runner, Raptor

dgarr22

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2021
Pickens, South Carolina
Current Vehicles
2019 Tacoma and 2019 Highlander
I'd like to know if 35x12.50" tires will fit without any type of aftermarket lift.

I'd also be interested in the 0-60 times with the twin turbo hybrid powerplant.
When we had the debacle with lift kits and the pre-collision system last time Toyota told us they would fix it this time. I assume some type of adjustable camera system at the dealer level. Hopefully this is true. We do A LOT of lift kits

cmchenry5

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2021
Chippewa Falls, WI
Current Vehicles
2019 Tundra, 2020 Sienna, 2013 Avalon
I would love to hear what this will sound like?? Will there be a TRD exhaust that improves exhaust tone??? I sure hope they don't have exhaust sounds piped through the stereo like the Raptor... I also agree with the earlier post on payload and towing. I want to make sure that the TRD Pro will have the same payload and towing as the rest. Seems like for the Raptor and TrailBoss they significantly reduce those items when adding off-road capability.

Terryjackson187

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2021
Florida
Current Vehicles
2019 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road
Military
Retired Army
Hey everyone, new to the Forum. I am heading to Vegas this week to drive the all new Tundra. Other than price and MPG, if you all have any questions or things you want me to check out for you, let me know and I will do my best to get them for you! I don't have a ton of details yet, but I will keep y'all posted!
I have a request. Please let us know how the new coil suspension feels and if the new airbag system that raises and lowers the rear end works smoothly. Thanks

Benca1

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2021
Alabama
Current Vehicles
21 Tacoma
Military
No
I would love to hear what this will sound like?? Will there be a TRD exhaust that improves exhaust tone??? I sure hope they don't have exhaust sounds piped through the stereo like the Raptor... I also agree with the earlier post on payload and towing. I want to make sure that the TRD Pro will have the same payload and towing as the rest. Seems like for the Raptor and TrailBoss they significantly reduce those items when adding off-road capability.
The new payload of the hybrid trucks will be reduced. We are likely to see payload of the pro at 1,400 and change I’m thinking 1,455

cmchenry5

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2021
Chippewa Falls, WI
Current Vehicles
2019 Tundra, 2020 Sienna, 2013 Avalon
The new payload of the hybrid trucks will be reduced. We are likely to see payload of the pro at 1,400 and change I’m thinking 1,455
Payload worries me less than the towing and tongue weight... I do have a plan to tow a toy hauler and often they hover between 11000 and 12000 lbs and around 1200 lb tongue weight.

Benca1

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2021
Alabama
Current Vehicles
21 Tacoma
Military
No
Payload worries me less than the towing and tongue weight... I do have a plan to tow a toy hauler and often they hover between 11000 and 12000 lbs and around 1200 lb tongue weight.
I don’t have the tongue weight yet. I was trying to get the answers last night but engineering was tight lipped on everything. It won’t be long.